Amusement Ride Registrations

If you are an amusement ride operator who intends to operate a ride in the state of Vermont, you must register proof of insurance for the intended rides with the Office of the Secretary of State and the Department of Labor.

Secretary of State Requirements

Submit the registration form listed below with the following documentation:

  1. A Ride List that clearly states the name, serial number, capacity, speed, and description of motion or travel where applicable. 
  2. A certificate of insurance which includes:
    • Legal name and address.
    • A minimum of $1,000,000 in coverage.
    • An effective period that covers the intended event being attended.
    • A Schedule of Rides that matches the serial numbers of the Ride List exactly.
    • The Vermont Secretary of State, 128 State Street, Montpelier, Vermont 05633-1104 listed as a certificate holder.

Registration Fee

Please see “Fees & Filings” for the costs of registration.

Registering an Amusement Ride Operator

Fill out and mail the application below. You may use any additional sheets if necessary.

Amusement Ride Operator Registration Form



Department of Labor Requirements

The Department of Labor has an interest in keeping your employees and the public safe.  Please contact Stephen Monahan to register proof of workers compensation insurance that is satisfactory to the state of Vermont.  Please recognize that not all workers compensation policies from other states are approved by the state of Vermont.

J. Stephen Monahan, Director
Worker’s Compensation & Safety Division
Vermont Department of Labor
P.O. Box 488
Montpelier, Vermont 05601-0488
Tel: 802-828-2138
Fax: 802-828-2195

This page was last updated: 2015-10-20