UCC Filing Guide
Please Note: Below is a general guide as to the information you will need file UCCs with the Vermont Office of the Secretary of State.
To create a user account, click on the link below and following the on screen prompts. Remember, we do not keep any credit card information or other sensitive information in our system.
Tip: Once you create your user ID and password, store them in a safe place and use them regularly to enter the system and maintain your records. All of your receipts, confirmations, emails, and correspondence from us will be sent to the email address you designate and can be located for quick and easy recovery under “inbox” after you log in.
Once you have prepared the required information, you can create your Vermont entity or register your out-of-state business in a few easy steps:
- Log into the Online Business Service Center.
- Click on “Online Services” on the main menu (left side) to open the drop-down menu.
- Click on “File UCC Documents Online.”
- Follow the on screen Prompts and enter the required information.
- Click “Submit” on the final page.
To get started, following the link below:
The entire process normally takes less than five minutes to complete.